Re: fans of Linked Open Data and the NFL, NHL, or Major League Baseball?

Bob DuCharme wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Today we have ESPN and co. offering analysis via the traditional
>> one-way TV medium. Tomorrow, I envisage a conversation space
>> connected by analytic insights from "Joe Public" the analyst.  Also,
>> what's good for sports applies to Politics, Finance, Soap Operas, and
>> other realms.
>
> What I'd really like to do as a next step is to identify a Linked Open
> Data advocate who happens to watch a lot of one of the sports for
> which more data is becoming available, and then encourage that person
> to get in touch with one of the stats-oriented communities within that
> sport to help make these stats available as a SPARQL endpoint. If it
> was soccer, Uche would be an obvious candidate, but judging by
> http://www.sportsstandards.org/oc the NHL, NFL, or MLB seem to be the
> best places to start.
>
> At the next Boston/Cambridge/semweb/LOD meetup, I suggest you keep you
> eye out for Red Sox, Bruins, or Pats-themed clothing...
>
> Bob

Bob,

I am a major Soccer, Football (NFL), Basketball (NBA), and Baseball
(MLB) (play-offs only) fan.

Uche and I share Soccer fan DNA  amongst other things :-)

I've looked at the site you suggested and it provides a number of great
data sources for LOD and RDB2RDF projects.

We will certainly have a crack at a Linked Data Space based on what's
available.

President & CEO