Re: [call for comments] voiD - vocabulary of interlinked datasets

Hello Olaf,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments in the wiki. This
looks very interesting.

We are fully aware of the whole provenance issue relating to the linked
datasets we are describing. The primary purpose for voiD is to at least
help people to find relevant datasets and to find out how they can use
this dataset. And our intention is to keep voiD as light as possible.

The quesions such as "How has the dataset been created and What was the
original source(s)? " themselves could lead to a complete schema, if we
want to push for it. :-)    I am not aware of any existing vocabularies
that we can incorporate. Any idea?

Also, if you could also add some comments in the wiki, about "why" you
think this provenance information is important for linked datasets and
"how" people might use this provenance, it would be fantastic! We are
gathering requirements and feedbacks from the community. How the current
voiD is to be extended, I guess, would be very much based on the needs
from users, such as you:-)

With best regards,

Jun

--
Dr. Jun Zhao
Image Bioinformatics Research Group

Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK
E-mail: jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk
Direct phone: +44-(0)1865-281094
Department fax: +44-(0)1865-310447