Re: More ESWC 2008 Linked Data Playground

Kingsley (et al)
On 10/06/2008 12:25, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Sean et al,
>
> I think moving forward we should make a concerted effort to encourage
> Semantic Web event organizers to embrace "Dog-fooding" .
>
> For instance, I am at Linked Data Planet, and although I don't control
> the events Web Site, I can certainly ensure that Linked Data for this
> event makes it to the Web., and that the event Web site provides a
> valuable conduit to the associated Linked Data. The approach I am
> taking somewhat similar to what Chris and Co. have just done re.
> ESW2008, but with my own specific twists (which will be explained once
> completed should some of my posts and commentary not reveal vital
> clues).  I am hoping that this effort will demonstrate an approach we
> can adopt going forward re. other events (i.e. relevant LOD members
> reach out to event organizers), especially when the event organizers
> are part of the Web User audience that we are trying to expose to the
> Linked Data virtues.
>
> Here is the approach I would suggest:
>
> 1. Ping organizers letting them know that their site should be a
> virtuous demonstration of the event's core theme
> 2. Determine what's practical re. Content Negotiation, <link
> rel="".../>, GRDDL, RDFa
> 3. Use the Linked Data enabled site as a showcase, so in the case of
> Linked Data Planet the goal is for it to play nice with the Linked
> Data Web on or before  next Sunday.
All of this has already been done for the *SWC conference series, and I
am making sure it will be done for the WWW XXXX series, XXXX>=2008.
Additional conferences hopefully will jump in the bandwagon once the
infrastructure I referred to in my previous post is in place. It is
mostly a matter of time (due to limited resources), but I expect that in
the future it will be mostly automatic.
And then, once we have exciting applications (e.g., the Exihibit
interface David made) available "for free", I believe the added
incentive will be there for organizers to do it - it would clearly be a
bonus for any organizer to be able to offer such interfaces to the
attendees...

Cheers
PS Not to worry, passion is not something that is lacking in this
community ;-)