Re: Potential Home for LOD Data Sets

There is something that I don't understand and would really appreciate an
explanation.

I understand this opportunity and need for storing LOD data sets on Amazon
(scalability, efficiency, etc). But is this the way LOD will be forever? For
now on? Is all LOD going to be stored here? Who is going to pay for this?

Just the way the Web of Documents is, where each individual stores and
shares their documents however they want (own servers, cloud on Amazon,
etc), shouldn't the Web of Data be doing the same thing? What am I missing
here?

Thanks for the insight!

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student

Research Assistant