Re: DBpedia+Virtuoso EC2 AMI

Dan Brickley wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Quick FYI.
>>
>> What is Virtuoso+DBpedia AMI for EC2?
>> An pre-installed and fully tuned edition of Virtuoso that includes a
>> fully configured DBpedia instance on Amazon's EC2 Cloud platform.
>
> Nice work :)
>
>> Benefits?
>> Generally, it provides a no hassles mechanism for instantiating
>> personal, organization, or service specific instances of DBpedia
>> within approximately 1.5 hours as opposed to a lengthy rebuild from
>> RDF source data that takes between 8 - 22 hours depending on machine
>> hardware configuration and host operating system resources.
>>
>>  From a Web Entrepreneur perspective it offers all of the generic
>> benefits of a Virtuoso AMI on EC2 plus the following:
>>
>> 1. Instant bootstrap of a dense Lookup Hub for Linked Data Web
>> oriented solutions
>> 2. No exposure to any of the complexities and nuances associated with
>> deployment of de-referencable URIs (you have a local DBpedia replica)
>
> Does this mean all the URIs are dbpedia.mysite.example.com rather than
> dbpedia.org/* ?
>
> In http://kingsley.idehen.name/page/Linked_Data I see
> 'http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked_Data' at the top of the page, but
> no  owl:sameAs to http://kingsley.idehen.name/page/Linked_Data
Template bug.

It should read:
About: http://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Linked_Data
Then hook back to DBpedia via owl:sameAs and/or an some atrribution tiples.

> The raw data links aren't working for me at the moment:
> eg.
>
> curl
> "http://kingsley.idehen.name/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=DESCRIBE+%3Chttp://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Linked_Data%3E&output=xml"
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
> xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">

Template bug.

> etc., ... but I get the impression the RDF files use the main dbpedia
> URI space, while the HTML uses local references. If that's the case,
> how might this look in RDFa?
It should be de-referencing the
<http://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Linked_Data> URI locally since the
DBpedia data is in a local graph with IRI <http://dbpedia.org> . The
routes back to the main/public DBpedia corpus / space is to be via
owl:sameAs or Attribution triples.

Re. RDFa we will can put this in the template once this first cut
settles.  I want to get DBpedia replicated with ease for personal and
service specific use as task 1 :-).

Kingsley

> cheers,
>
> Dan
>
>> 3. Predictable performance and scalability due localization of query
>> processing (you aren't sharing the public DBpedia server with the
>> rest of the world)
>>
>> Features:
>> 1. DBpedia public instance functionality replica (re. RDF and (X)HTML
>> resource description representations & SPARQL endpoint)
>> 2. Local URI de-referencing (so no contention with public endpoint)
>> and part of the Linked Data Deployment
>> 3. Fully tuned Virtuoso instance for DBpedia data set hosting
>

>> 1. http://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Linked_Data
>> 2. http://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Entity-attribute-value_model
>> 3. http://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Hyperdata
>> 4. http://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Object_hyperlinking