Re: A VoCamp Galway 2008 success story

François,

We chose the current model (ds1 -> containsLinks -> ls -> target ->
ds2) because we want to record which dataset contains the links. We
have some use cases that require this. Your proposal (ds1 <- target <-
ls -> target -> ds2) doesn't capture that bit of information.

Note that *all* the links in the LOD cloud are published as part of
one of the datasets. I'm also not sure if there is a clear
understanding about how to publish linksets independently from the
datasets on the Web. I don't see it being done in practice.

François, can you point us to some examples of linksets that are
published independently from any of the linked datasets? Also, can you
present us with your use case that requires exchanging descriptions of
such linksets? If there is enough interest, we will consider a
modelling that can be used for both scenarios.

Best,
Richard