Re: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data

Dan Brickley wrote:
> David Huynh wrote:
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> Question: Is there any fundamental reason why you cannot expose URIs
>>> or URLs where you have "javascript:{}"? Would this break your work
>>> in anyway?
>> Just for you, Kingsley, I have fixed it :-) You might need to
>> shift-reload to get the latest code.
>>
>> I wasn't actually expecting such an intense reaction to just
>> "javascript:{}". I wonder if that might put off newcomers, who
>> believe that the slightest profanity against The URIs on this mailing
>> list will always trigger such adverse reactions.
>
> Ah, we're an excitable bunch around here ;)
>
> Regardless of whether these data URLs are available, the UI work is
> exciting and I'm glad you shared it with the W3C lists. If others have
> smart ideas for visualising and navigating RDFesque datasets (whether
> closed or open by various definitions), let me be clear: they're very
> welcome to post them to semantic-web@w3.org. I hope our enthusiasm
> hereabouts for open data doesn't discourage people for sharing
> innovative UI ideas. We need all the help we can get! :)

Dan,

I hope you understand my response to David was very much in the vein of
"two-for-one" by taking what was a private discussion (between David and
I) public for broader knowledge exchange and general discourse purposes.

> In similar vein, it's well worth SW people poking around
> http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/
> http://processing.org/ and similar, ... the fact that these don't
> (yet....) natively support RDF is no reason not to learn from them...

On my part I see "User Interaction" as the prime issue, with "Data
Access" being part of  "User Interaction".

Once David complete the tweaks I've requested, I believe everything will
come together in pretty obvious way. :-)

Kingsley

> cheers,
>
> Dan
>
> --