RE: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data

Hi David,

absolute fantastic work!

I very much like the way of selecting connection (and filter) from a
list grouped by type. Although I'm missing the option to select all
resources just based on type (without selecting a particular
predicate/relation). E.g. looking at presidents and then selecting
location instead of having to select location (birth) or location
(death).

What I don't like is the separation of instance-based faceted filters
(left hand side) and connections (right hand side).
I know that you don't believe in the usability of bidirectional
filtering (e.g. starting with movies, pivoting to actors, filtering on
location, and then going *back* to movies to see a filtered set of
movies). We've discussed that end of last year on the simile list. I'll
try to disprove that with a prototype of mine ;)

Great to see that you're back with new brilliant UI work again!!

Cheers,
Georgi

--
Georgi Kobilarov