Re: Content negotiation: add Topic Maps?

Richard Light wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It occurs to me that we could extend the idea of content negotiation
> to include Topic Map data describing a resource.
>
> As an example, I have extended my Wordsworth Trust sandbox application
> so that the same URL, e.g.:
>
> http://collections.wordsworth.org.uk/object/GRMDC.C104.15
>
> delivers RDF if you say you want application/rdf+xml, XTM 2.0 if you
> say you want application/xtm+xml, and HTML otherwise.  (If you want to
> go directly to a specific format, add "rdf/" or "xtm/" after "object/"
> in the above URL.)
>
> This means that the same non-information resource URL can be used for
> both RDF and XTM descriptions of that resource.  Good idea?  Bad idea?
>
> Richard
Richard,

Cool!

Entity ID/ URI/ Pointer:
http://collections.wordsworth.org.uk/object/GRMDC.C104.15

The essence/description of this Entity is now projected via a myriad of
representations via content negotiation.

yn234:~ kidehen$ curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://collections.wordsworth.org.uk/object/GRMDC.C104.15
HTTP/1.1 303 See Other