Re: 13.1 billion triples

Hi Yves,

nice coup :-)

And great new data sources which provide an important enrichment to
the LOD cloud!

Richard: Updating the cloud diagram seam to develop into day-to-day
business :-)

Hmm, what do we write as as triple estimate on the LOD project page
now?

Currently we are having an estimate of 2 billion INTERLINKED triples.

The question is now, how do we count sparcely connected data sources
like the MySpace or AudioScrobbler wrappers which could potentially
provide wast amounts of RDF but where most of it can currently not be
found by RDF crawlers and browsers as it is not interlinked from other
sources?

The same question applies to our RDF Book Mashup that wraps the Amazon
book database.

I guess an OKish heuristic could be: Count all triples that descibe
resources that have at least one RDF link pointing at them.

Yves: Any idea how your figures change when this rule is applied?

A nice weekend to everybody.

Cheers,

Chris

--