Re: How to link address and geometry to the object located there

True.  If you need medicines you go to a Pharmacy, if you are looking for Surgeons you should try Barber Shops (don't tell any Surgeons I said this).

 On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at
 12:43 PM, Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
 wrote:

 > [snip]
 >
 > For me a logical way
 of modelling would be to say that pharmacies are
 > instances of the dctemrs:Location class
 and are related to address and/or

 geometry resources (instances of locn:Geometry and
 locn:Address). The
 > properties
 locn:geometry and locn:address can be used to link a
 pharmacy to
 > geometries and/or
 addresses. The locn:location property could be used to
 > link other resources to pharmacies as
 locations.

 This is an
 option, but Christiano's one is equally valid, IMO.

 All depends on what you mean
 with "pharmacy": is it a legal entity?
 the physical place? other things?

 Andrea

 > Regards,
 > Frans

 >> Hi all,
 >> I need to say that an organization (a
 pharmacy in particular) is located

 at an address and at the specified lat/lon coordinates, but
 I'm a bit
 >> confused. In the w3c
 ISA Programme Location Core Vocabulary description
 >> (http://www.w3.org/ns/locn) there is a
 diagram in Section Vocabulary Terms

 at a Glance showing a resource (the pharmacy in my case?) is
 directly linked
 >> with the Location,
 the Address and the Geometry. But, in the joinup web site
 >> I found another diagram showing that
 the Location instance is linked with
 >> Geometry and Address
 >>

 >> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/site/core_vocabularies/Core_Vocabularies_v1.1/Core_Vocabularies_v1.1.htm
 >> .
 >>
 >> Currently, I'm using the latter
 modelling. Thus I  have a Pharmacy

 instance linked with a Location one via the location
 property, and the
 >> Location instance
 linked with an Address and a Geomerty one. Do I am right?

 >> Thank you in
 advance,

 --
 Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
 Scientific

 https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

 ----
 The views
 expressed are purely those of the writer and may
 not in any circumstances be regarded as stating
 an official
 position of the European
 Commission.