Re: Alignment of INSPIRE metadata with DCAT-AP

On 2014-06-27 18:44, Andrea Perego wrote:
> (not wearing our co-chair hat now...)
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> We have just published a summary of an alignment exercise between
> INSPIRE metadata and DCAT-AP:
>
> https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/projects/metadata/wiki/Alignment_of_INSPIRE_metadata_with_DCAT-AP
>
> The work is yet to be finalised, but we would really appreciate your feedback.

I think it is very interesting, another nice example of ongoing
convergence of Linked Data and geoinformatics!

I see that for some INSPIRE metadata elements there is no candidate in
Linked Data yet. Perhaps LOCN can be of help. We have already discussed
extending the vocabulary with a property that can be used to point to a
CRS. I believe everyone agreed it would be a good idea such a thing at
least for dataset metadata. I believe that if we reach consensus on
extending LOCN that way we can take along spatial resolution as well.

Regards,
Frans

> Thanks!
>
> Andrea & Michael