Re: Let's really use the wiki?

Thanks, Frans.

Michael and I were thinking to start using the wiki as soon as the topics
under discussion would have reached some degree of consolidation, but we're
also happy with your proposal. As you rightly point out, it may be quite
difficult to keep track of the (happily!) many points under discussion in
the mailing list.

I created a main page for the LOCN voc [1], where we can link to separate
pages for all the LOCN terms. Please let me know whether you would like to
make any changes to the tentative structure I used.

It may be also useful to create separate pages for topics under discussion
having a scope more general than specific terms in the LOCN voc (as the
ones in the threads concerning CRS specification, interoperability patterns
- meaning, re-use and alignment of terms from different vocabularies).
 These can be linked from an "Issues" page in the wiki.

Cheers,

Andrea

----
[1]
http://www.w3.org/community/locadd/wiki/ISA_Programme_Location_Core_Vocabulary_(LOCN)

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Raj Singh <rsingh@opengeospatial.org>wrote:

> Great idea.
>
> Raj
>
> On Jan 10, 2014, at 6:12 AM, Frans Knibbe | Geodan <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I think it is great to see so much activity on the list, ever since the
> core location vocabulary was adopted. After all, the subject matter is very
> fascinating. But I am sure I am not the only one who feels overwhelmed by
> that same activity. So wouldn't it be a good idea to structure the exchange
> of ideas a bit more? As Phil mentioned, we do have a wiki. Perhaps it could
> be put to good use to record things like change proposals and different
> interpretations of vocabulary elements? We could give all classes and
> properties (existing and proposed) their own wiki page, for example.
>
> Regards,
> Frans
>
> --
> --------------------------------------
> *Geodan*
> President Kennedylaan 1
> 1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)
>
> T +31 (0)20 - 5711 347
> E frans.knibbe@geodan.nl
> www.geodan.nl | disclaimer <http://www.geodan.nl/disclaimer>

Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC
Institute for Environment & Sustainability
Unit H06 - Digital Earth & Reference Data
Via E. Fermi, 2749 - TP 262
21027 Ispra VA, Italy

DE+RD Unit: http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/DE

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.