Re: Sub-properties for locn:geometry? (was: RE: ISA Core Location Vocabulary)

On 2014-01-10 12:50, Andrea Perego wrote:

> [...]

------------- This was previously posted in a different thread and has
already been responded to in this thread -----------------

An interesting idea. Aren't all these geometries derived geometries?
Somehow a result of a calculation performed on the original geometry? I
would expect at least a need for (SPARQL) functions that can return
those derived geometries. But that puts extra demands on SPARQL
endpoints, so why not simple make those data directly available? I am
sure it will be helpful in some cases.

By the way, what is the difference between 'extent' and 'mbr'?

As all the subproperties are geometries themselves, why not define them
as subclasses?

Regards,
Frans

--