Re: LOCADD SoA Survey: TOC proposal

Hello all,

Here are some comments on the structure of the wiki/survey:

I think the list of use cases could be a high level entity. Use cases
are an important concept in the scope and mission of the group, so it
makes sense to make them a high level entity. Each use case could have
its own chapter, with a description of the use case followed by an
assessment of support of the use case by each of the specifications that
will be reviewed.

Next to the use cases, I would like to see a chapter on overall quality
of the standards that will be reviewed. Use cases are a nice way to
compare vocabularies, but there is a chance that use cases do not cover
everything that will be demanded in the future. I think the different
methods should also be judged by their intrinsic merits, things like
simplicity, logic and elegance.

Perhaps a final chapter named 'recommendations' could be added? It is
nice to have a clear outcome of the work of the group.

Regards,
Frans