Fwd: Re: GeoSPARQL

possibly related?

--- Begin forwarded message from Matt Perry ---
From: Matt Perry <msperry@gmail.com>
To: John Goodwin <john.goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:48:37 +0000
Subject: Re: GeoSPARQL

To expand a bit on what John said, please note that the GeoSPARQL URIs
have changed slightly from this published version due to a change in
one of the OGC Naming Authority policies. The current namespaces are:

1) http://www.opengis.net/ont/geosparql#   for GeoSPARQL vocabulary
2) http://www.opengis.net/ont/sf#   for Simple Features geometry types
3) http://www.opengis.net/ont/gml#   for GML geometry types

4) http://www.opengis.net/def/function/geosparql  for query functions
5) http://www.opengis.net/def/rule/geosparql  for RIF rules

A revised version of the spec should be posted very soon.

Thanks,
Matt

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:21 AM, John Goodwin
<John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’ve only just noticed that the GeoSPARQL standard is now open to the
> public. Apologies if this has already been posted. You can find it here:
>

> http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/geosparql
>

> In short:
>

> “This standard defines a set of SPARQL extension functions [W3C SPARQL], a
> set of RIF rules [W3C RIF Core], and a core RDF/OWL vocabulary for
> geographic information based on the General Feature Model, Simple Features
> [ISO 19125-1], Feature Geometry and SQL MM.”
>

> John
>
> Dr John Goodwin
>
> Senior Research Scientist
>
> Research, Ordnance Survey
>
> Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom, SO16 0AS
>
> Phone: +44 (0) 23 8005 5761
>
> www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk | john.goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk
>
> Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
> email.
>

> This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may
> contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error,
> please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied,
> distributed or disclosed to any other person.
>
> Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the
> writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can
> any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the
> right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> Ordnance Survey
> Adanac Drive
> Southampton SO16 0AS