Re: Library journal article on linked library data

Dear all,

I have received via LinkedIn an announcement on "Linked Library Data Final Report" that starts with "The W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group worked from May 2010 until August 2011, this final report being the main outcome of this activity. ".

I suspect this was somehow triggered by Library Journal article [1] which is indeed very good, and received some deserved attention over the past couple of days on Twitter and elsewhere.

But of course the announcement, by merely copy-pasting the executive summary of the drafts, is twisting what the article was saying. To try and keep similar mistakes from happening, I have added a disclaimer on the wiki page:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=DraftReportWithTransclusion&diff=6120&oldid=6032

I'm sending this email to the entire LLD community list, in case any of you would have questions on our timing :-)

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/891826-264/how_the_w3c_has_come.html.csp