Re: Linked Library Holdings/Items

On 21.10.2011 12:40, Ross Singer wrote:

> So, to get around this, I made a series of properties that states that
> two resources both refer to the same frbr entity (at whatever level
> you need):
>
> http://open.vocab.org/terms/commonEndeavour
>
> http://open.vocab.org/terms/commonWork
>
> http://open.vocab.org/terms/commonExpression
>
> http://open.vocab.org/terms/commonManifestation
>
> http://open.vocab.org/terms/commonItem
>
> So, in the case of modeling Jakob's Item resource to a bibo:Document,
> you could use the ov:commonManifestation property, since there is some
> confidence that the bibo:Document is referring to the W->E->M stack
> that would include the frbr:Manifestation that the frbr:Item belongs
> to without having to go through the effort of modeling the entire
> stack and relate it to the bibo:Document (somehow).

I created daia:examplar / daia:exemplarOf to relate bibo:Document and
frbr:Item. The ov:common* properties are less clear to me, maybe a
concrete example can help? In DBPedia there is:

<http://dbpedia.org/page/The_Diary_of_a_Young_Girl> a
<http://schema.org/CreativeWork>, <http://schema.org/Book> .

DBPedia does not use The Biblographic ontology (by the way
http://bibliontology.com/ it down right now), but I think that

<http://schema.org/Book> owl:equivalentClass
<http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/Book> .

And maybe

<http://schema.org/CreativeWork>
owl:equivalentClass
<http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/Document>, foaf:Document .

So how you relate <http://dbpedia.org/page/The_Diary_of_a_Young_Girl>,
which is not in FRBR, for instance to

http://uri.gbv.de/item/opac-de-b1549:epn:878552081 (its frbr:Item)
http://lobid.org/resource/HT008722600 (frbr:Manifestation of the Diary)
http://www.librarything.com/work/3032251 (its frbr:Work)

Or is this not the use case of ov:commonThing ontology?

Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.voss@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany