DCMI Collections application profile

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 04:58:57PM +0100, Jakob Voss wrote:
> >We probably should - like Karen proposed - establish a community
> >group which aligns different approaches into a comprehensive set of
> >vocabularies for best practices in describing libraries, their
> >services, items, their availability, collections (?) etc. Is there a
> >specific procedure for creating such a group?
>
> One outcome could be an update of the preliminary draft
>
> http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/collection-application-profile/
>
> so the Dublin Core community could be the right place. But what is
> wrong with discussing on this list? The recent discussions already
> helped me to boil down DAIA and align it with existing ontologies
> instead of creating unnecessary new classes and properties.

Note that the 2006 UKOLN draft (cited above) was superseded by a 2007 DCMI
draft [1].  The DCMI Collection Description Community [2] and application
profile task group [3] were deactivated one year ago but could be easily
revived if there were interest.

Tom

[1] http://dublincore.org/groups/collections/collection-application-profile/
[2] http://dublincore.org/groups/collections/