RE: introduction to linked data + library linked data, for catalogers?

Don't be so quick to take that back, Jeff. You may have been right to
begin with. I'm not sure that there is a one-to-one between the
headings in the MARC record and the headings in the authority records,
nor that you could always substitute a URI in the bibliographic data.
There are a lot of odd circumstances in MARC, like the 77X fields that
have only a single subfield for the "main entry" -- which is a handful
of subfields in the X00 fields. And "headings" are not one-to-one with
authoritative forms.

It does help that libraries have long used controlled forms of names
and of subjects. But you may be right about MARC --

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net