RE: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

I suspect the "over and above" takes us into Application Profile territory.

Michael Panzer hinted at a Pellet-based solution for Application Profiles during the Joint DC2010/LLD XG meeting in Pittsburgh:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010#Part_1_.2814:00-15:30.29:_Review_of_DCMI_Abstract_Model.2C_brainstorming_on_requirements

c.f.
http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/faq/closed-world/

This still seems feasible to me. A question that remains is where to draw the line for triples to be included in the graph before testing. Concise Bounded Description representations aren't adequate for this purpose, but a graph formed using rdfs:isDefinedBy could be. Here is an example, (with apologies to Gordon for using readable class names for FRBRer):

    <uri-1>     a profile:FRBRerDoc .

    :expression/1     a frbrer:Expression;
         frbrer:isRealizationOf :work/1;
         rdfs:isDefinedBy <uri-1> .

    :work/1     a frbrer:Work;
         rdfs:isDefinedBy <uri-1> .

Presumably an HTTP GET request for <uri-1> would deliver this graph independently of the CBD representations obtainable by doing HTTP GET requests on the individual URIs.

Jeff