Re: For review: Benefits, Part III - Benefits to Organizations

Quoting Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org>:

> On 15 Jun 2011, at 20:12, Karen Coyle wrote:
>
>> Linked Data may be a first step toward an "in the cloud" approach
>> to managing cultural information -- one which will be more
>> cost-effective than individual systems in institutions. This
>> approach will make it possible for small institutions or individual
>> projects to be visible and connected, with reduced infrastructure
>> costs.
>
> Do we mean, "in the cloud", as in "cloud computing"? I find this
> section unclear.

I suspect that "in the cloud" has become a synonym for "on the web."

> In particular, are we advocating that individual organizations hold
> their own metadata and aggregate it (i.e. SEO, etc)? Or that
> individual organizations publish through larger groups?

I don't think we're advocating anything that specific. However the
data gets into LOD space is fine. I think there will be a number of
different functioning models for how that happens.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net