RE: Brainstorming: Key Issues

Ed,

Requests for bulk VIAF data should go through Thom. I copied him on this
reply.

A periodic dump of the RDF (along with other representations) is made
available to VIAF contributors. This RDF dump is created as a set of XML
documents (one per VIAF "cluster") and thus the file is not XML
well-formed overall. It should be easy for us to run this through a
process to convert them to N-TRIPLE format, though, so it could be
processed directly by RDF tools.

I agree with your suggestion that sitemaps and Atom feeds could help
attract attention. These mechanisms also make it easier to gather
information in bulk, though, which presumably brings us back to the
issue of licensing.

Jeff