Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

From: Daniel Vila <dvila@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:00:47 +0100
To: public-lld@w3.org
Hello,

I am part of a Library Linked Data project.

We are working with two data sets:

   1. Authority Records
   2. Bibliographic Records

They are both expressed as MARCXML and obviously related to each other.

We have initially decided to use IFLA Open metadata registry models (mainly
FR family by Gordon Dunsire).

I would like to know about previous experiences on this matter:

   - what kind of tools are used, (I only know of FRBR tool [1] but i am
   looking for something more flexible)
   - where to find good mappings from MARC to FR models
   - is there any guideline that could boost up the transformation process

Thanks beforehand,

Daniel Vila