From: public-lld-request@w3.org [public-lld-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Yann NICOLAS [nicolas@abes.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:25
To: ID@SUN8.LOC.GOV; public-lld@w3.org
Subject: Range of Marc Relators in RDF

Hi,

I would like to you use a MARC Relator* as an RDF "object property".
Is it possible ?

Is the following correct :

http://libris.kb.se/resource/bib/434319    http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut    http://www.idref.fr/026877813/id **
<http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut>
or should i write :

http://libris.kb.se/resource/bib/434319    http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut    "Gadda, Carlo Emilio (1893-1973)"

?

http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut  is a subproperty of http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/contributor , but the latter has no range (contrary to its dcterms counterpart, http://purl.org/dc/terms/contributor, whose range is dct:Agent).

Thanks for your help !
Yann

* http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators.html
** http://www.idref.fr/026877813/id is a person resource URI.