RE: Recommendations: URIs

Karen,

I believe that in OWL, individuals are considered to be part of the
ontology. Here's some wording in the OWL guide:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#SimpleClasses
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#Glossary

TBox and ABox are the only terms I've come across that make the
distinction. In practice, though, modeler's have the ability to blur the
line or possibly even switch a term between TBox/ABox as their model
evolves. For example, MARC relator codes are defined as both rdf:type
skos:Concepts (ABox) and rdf:Property (TBox).

http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/aut

Jeff