Re: Non- and Partial-FRBR Metadata

Jeff, Karen,

As described in http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#section-Syntax-parsetype-resource there's another solution, which is tempting:

<frbr:Work rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org/works/OL6037025W/"
		xmlns:frbr="http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#"
		xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

		<frbr:realization rdf:parseType="Resource">
			<frbr:embodiment
rdf:resource="http://openlibrary.org/books/OL18215289M/" />
			<frbr:embodiment
rdf:resource="http://openlibrary.org/books/OL6807502M/" />
			<frbr:embodiment
rdf:resource="http://openlibrary.org/books/OL7593621M/" />
			<!-- etc. -->
		</frbr:realization>
</frbr:Work>

<frbr:Manifestation
rdf:about="http://openlibrary.org/books/OL18215289M/"
		xmlns:frbr="http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#"
		xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

		<frbr:embodimentOf rdf:parseType="Resource">
			<frbr:realizationOf
rdf:resource="http://openlibrary.org/works/OL6037025W/" />
		</frbr:embodimentOf>
</frbr:Manifestation>

This can be interesting, especially if you don't care so much about the type of your blank nodes: if you're using "constrained" versions of your FRBR properties, then the data consumers who really care about the types could still be able to infer them from the domain and ranges of these properties. The others would avoid manipulating a lot of rdf:type statements...

Cheers,

Antoine