Re: Library data diagram

Emmanuelle, Karen and others

I think we do have a good set of stated functional requirements that are
generally applicable to library catalogues and metadata: the Statement of
international cataloguing principles (ICP) developed by the IFLA Cataloguing
Section and IFLA Meetings of Experts on an International Cataloguing Code. It is
available in English at:

http://www.ifla.org/files/cataloguing/icp/icp_2009-en.pdf

Translations into 24 other languages are available at:

http://www.ifla.org/en/publications/statement-of-international-cataloguing-principles

ICP is an update of the Paris principles from the early 1960s, which in turn
were based on Cutter and others. ICP takes into account FRBR, FRAD, etc. and
covers the range of things mentioned by Emmanuelle. ICP is "intended to guide
the development of cataloguing codes" and the principles are thus quite general,
but I guess there's sufficient detail to inform discussions on the DCMI AP and
Singapore Framework.

Cheers

Gordon