Re: Linked Data URIs in MARC Authorities

Quoting Martin Malmsten <Martin.Malmsten@kb.se>:

> I'm considering/testing $0 in the 1XX fields, analogues to $0 in the
>  bib record. The idea is that a DbPedia/Freebase/VIAF URI could
> authorise an authority record. "Global headings change" becomes a
> fun challenge with LD URIs within the record :)

I suspect that's the only nearly-standard place to put it. However, it
seems to me that an 0xx field would be better since it appears that
FRAD considers the 1xx to be a display form for humans. An 0xx might
be a better representative of the "real world object" (RWO -- I had to
look up that acronym, not having seen it before) that is the focus of
the authority record, rather than associating the URI with a form of
display. Of course, in theory the authority record's ID is the
identifier for the representation of the RWO, although it isn't in URI
form.

kc

--
Karen Coyle