RE: "universal citation index"

I tried to keep the examples abstract in my earlier message, but
probably to the point of obscurity. If you think these URIs or something
like them would help, then convince someone at OCLC to implement them:

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-apa.txt (text/plain)
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-chicago.txt (text/plain)
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-mla.txt (text/plain)
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-harvard.txt (text/plain)
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-turabian.txt (text/plain)
etc.

OCLC already provides these through their user interface. Maybe they
just don't understand the value of HTTP URIs.

If these representations were coupled with Linked Data through FRBR, the
information would be interoperable with other sources.

Jeff