Re: bibliographic networks - constructed by scholars, librarians + attentive readers

On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:17 PM, Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org> wrote:

> Ronald Murray's talk [1] about a FRBR paper tool for Moby Dick is quite interesting. It could also be mined for a use case. I particularly liked what he said about "an overlap of descriptive interests between scholars, librarians and attentive readers".

2 things about this:

- I actually think Ron's (really interesting) work challenges FRBR, or at least its hierarchical nature. Ron's thinking is very much graph oriented.

- On several occasions, Ron has indicated that what is accomplished with the paper tool lends itself very well to be expressed in terms of (interlinked) OAI-ORE Aggregations.

Cheers

Herbert