RE: [open-bibliography] MARC Codes for Forms of Musical Composition

Ross,

Before we got sidetracked with implications and counterexamples, the
original objection boils down to the use of owl:sameAs to a dbpedia
jumble instead of using a weaker form of sameness such as umbel:isLike.

http://marccodes.heroku.com/muscomp/sy.rdf

Using umbel:isLike is just a suggestion and there are clearly broader
implications (including multiple rdf:types) as we've been noting. These
are excellent examples to use as the basis for this kind of discussion
and I hope everyone takes the opportunity to share their opinions about
the relative importance and limits of identity and sameness.

Jeff