From: Lutz Helm <helm@ub.uni-leipzig.de>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 9:52:40 AM
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
Subject: Why is the value of @version a number?

Hi,

I just stumbled upon the fact that @version has to be a number in
json-ld 1.1 contexts. Is there any reason why this is not a string?
I guess it shouldn't ever happen that a spec is released as patch
version, and there will probably not be more than eight more versions
with nonbreaking changes to the spec, so a decimal number might suffice,
but I'm still a little bit puzzled.

Best regards,
Lutz

--