Re: json-ld implementations (.NET)

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@ulsberg.no>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 21:09:06 +0200
To: Andrew Gibson <tinycode2@gmail.com>
Cc: public-linked-json@w3.org, Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl>

> I would be happy to contribute time to keep things maintained, but I don't
> work for Microsoft so I'm not sure where to turn at this stage. Is it better
> to fork the library and give up on their implementation?

I'm also interested in having an up-to-date, healthy and officially
embraced .NET implementation of JSON-LD. I've noticed the same
problems with Microsoft's stewardship of the project as you and agree
it's unfortunate.

If we were to fork the repository, I would like to see it forked to
somewhere that feels just as or even more official than NuGet's
current repository. Would it be possible to fork it to
https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.net? An answer from Gregg Kellogg
or anyone else with control over the "json-ld" organization on GitHub
would be great.

> Should the current library be listed as "fully conforming to the offical
> JSON-LD specifications" if the test suite doesn't currently pass?

Since there are no alternatives, it's hard to say.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no