Re: Working with RDF data in PHP

Hello Jakob,

thanks for your feedback.

> Have you thought about extending one of both instead of creating another
> library?

Yes, however the only possibility here would be to write a JSON-LD parser and serializer for ARC2. That is certainly possible however I’ve started to like other features from the JSON-LD library such as its object-oriented internal representation format, so combining two libraries gives us the best of two worlds.

> I use the easyRDF PHP library instead of ARC2. To serialize RDF from eas
> with JSON-LD I had to wrote a similar bridge:
>
> https://github.com/gbv/uri-gbv-terminology/blob/4b897a02bbfbb0a4118dcfb0bfd3e7764a33b036/public/rdf.php
>
> Nevertheless I'd prefer to have support of JSON-LD built into ARC2 and
> easyRDF.

That logic looks quite similar to mine. I am more used to working with ARC2; at the point when I first worked with it it seemed more powerful compared to EasyRDF. As I’ve seen there is some JSON-LD support for ARC2 being developed, not sure about EasyRDF.

Lukas Rosenstock
https://cloudobjects.io/