Re: Language maps and undefined language

All,

Thanks to Dave's great sleuthing on the github issue, he found this recent
change:

http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.incompatible.php#migration71.incompatible.json

So when the decision about empty keys was made it was valid, but that has
been fixed in PHP.

So I retract my original proposal and instead propose:

If compaction would result in an attempt to add a string without an
associated language into a LanguageMap, then the processor MUST assign the
empty string as the key in the array. Expansion of the empty string is the
inverse, resulting in a string value with no language.

Thus,
_:x rdfs:label "Fish"@en, "Poisson"@fr, "51234" .

Would result in:

{
  "@id": "_:x",
  "label": {"en": "Fish", "fr": "Poisson", "": "text in unidentified
language"}
}

Rather than the current compaction result:

{
  "@id": "_:x",
  "label": {"en": "Fish", "fr": "Poisson"},
  "rdfs:label": "text in unidentified language"
}

New thoughts on the new proposal? :)

Rob

Issue: