Issue 446 version announcement by gkellogg · Pull Request #473 · json-ld/json-ld.org

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:52:02 -0700
To: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
I’ve created a PR [1] for the version announcement feature described in Issue #446 [2]. In order to prevent JSON-LD 1.0 processors for incorrectly processing a document using 1.1 features, we require that the processingMode be set explicitly to “json-ld-1.1”, if not set explicitly, it is assumed to be “json-ld-1.0”, and features detected in the context that depend on this (id-maps, type-maps, scoped contexts) will be marked with an error. Version announcement can either be done by explicitly setting the `processingMode` API option to “json-ld-1.1”, or by adding “@version”: 1.1 to a context (this must be the first context encountered). As, in general, authors have no way to specify the `processingMode` option, best practice is to use “@version”: 1.1 in the context.

Reviews have been requested, and comments will remain open until Monday April 17th, after which I intend to merge the PR.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[2] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/473