Updated CG drafts of JSON-LD, JSON-LD API, and JSON-LD Framing 1.1

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 11:48:55 -0700
To: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
I’ve pushed up updated drafts of the three documents describing how JSON-LD operates. These will be working documents as the CG works through a number of outstanding change requests, which will ultimately lead to a CG publication of these documents, which could form the basis of a Working Group issuing a Recommendation, if one were so chartered.

At this point, the changes to JSON-LD and JSON-LD API are primarily editorial, to use the latest version of ReSpec, use a common glossary of terms, and update the WebIDL syntax. The JSON-LD Framing document has more extensive updates, as the previous published version from the CG was never completed, and had diverged from most implementations. However, this is still a work in progress as more issues are addressed. Ultimately, I expect the JSON-LD Framing document to be merged into the JSON-LD API; they were separated so that Framing work wouldn’t hold up publication of the API as a W3C Recommendation.

The latest version of these documents are always available at the following locations:

* http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld/
* http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-api/
* http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-framing/

Issues tagged for potential inclusion in a 1.1 release can be found on GitHub [1].

I encourage those interested to weigh in on the open issues so that we can publish community consensus documents.

For any volunteers, there are also a number of issues on the json-ld.org website that need to be addressed [2].

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[1] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A1.1
[2] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues?utf8=✓&q=is%3Aopen%20is%3Aissue%20-label%3A1.1%20-label%3Aon-hold