RE: JSON-LD & nested structure

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:31 PM, Aymeric Brisse wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>> The Hydra CG is working on issues such as pagination [1], which is
>> more than just a JSON-LD issue. As with other things in Hydra, this
>> remains a work in progress.
>
> 1/ It seems to focus only on paginating top-items, which is only a
> small part of the problem like I said in my previous mail.

Could you please explain what you mean by top-items? JSON-LD serializes graphs, so there's no hierarchy.. are you talking of the outermost entity in the JSON serialization?

> 2/ Moreover the idea on the whole page is to basically add an extra
> top-level "Collection", which is mixing Form and Substance.

Yeah, that's a tricky issue. We tried to devouple that by extracting the collection instead of sticking it between the two entities, see

  https://www.w3.org/community/hydra/wiki/Collection_Design#Proposed_Collection_Design

[...]

> Since JSON-LD is mandatory for me to express semantically the
> concepts, I guess I would add my "@metadata" field with the merging
> solution until then. Please let me know if I can help in any way with
> some specifications/inputs as a developer "in the field".

You should join the Hydra W3C Community Group and provide input to the specification. Details can be found here:

   http://www.hydra-cg.com/#community

(we are in a summer break at the moment so don't expect too much activity on the mailing list)

Cheers,
Markus