Re: JSON-LD & nested structure

On 08/17/2016 12:28 PM, Aymeric Brisse wrote:
> Hello Gregg & Dave,
>
> I am currently dealing with another problem. Let's say 2 resources
> are linked together by more than 1 predicate.
>
> As a JSON API developer that wants to return a tree and not a graph
> I expect that the following LD framed graph...
>
> [snip]
>
> ... to duplicate some parts of it if needed
>
> That way the developper don't have to deal with an identitymap
> pattern just to parse the JSON, meaning that he can access directly
> to the hash object["pmcore:relB"]["rdfs:label"]["@value"]
>
> How can it be achieved in an automatic manner?

The JavaScript, Python, and PHP framing implementations support several
framing "embed" options:

@always - always embed (nest) nodes except when a circular reference is
encountered, even if it duplicates data

@last - (the default) only embed the last occurrence of a particular
node so that the data is not modified via duplication

@never - never embed nodes, always use simple references

Some more discussion is here:

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/377

The default embed option can be changed at the API level by passing in
a flag to the `frame` call. The embed option can also be set at a
more granular level within the frame itself. I've done this on the
playground using your example data and the "@always" option, to produce
what I believe is the desired output:

http://json-ld.org/playground/#/gist/fa39b164da8dd39e2e9c9991d8392efb

I don't know if the Ruby implementation supports these features yet.

--
Dave Longley
CTO