Re: JSON-LD for emerging healthcare standard (FHIR)?

Yes, Nicholas said this correctly: SMART did use JSON-LD for our "SMART
Classic" API, but we've moved away from this with the transition to FHIR.
For what it's worth, two points of caution with respect to David's plan:

1. I think if you dig into the FHIR JSON format, you'll find that since it
takes its approach to references, and re-ification of some URIs as
"Codings" (with "system", "version", and "code" properties), etc. it's not
the easiest thing to try to translate into idiomatic JSON-LD. (That is, you
probably can't just layer on a context and be done with it.)

2. Just as a reality check: current trajectory of FHIR's standardization
process is not in a place where it's likely to accept a broad-scale
replacement of the serialization format between now and the publication of
the 2nd draft (DSTU2).

I don't want to discourage experimentation here. Just want to set
expectations appropriately, especially around the timing. If we really want
to think about making this work, the best plan would probably be to
consider a distinct JSON-LD serialization for FHIR, rather than trying
up-front to replace its existing JSON format.

Best,

  Josh