Re: Microformats in JSON

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:49:00 +0200
To: public-socialweb@w3.org
CC: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On 09/16/2014 02:36 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 09/13/2014 12:18 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We list Microformats as one of social syntaxes to evaluate. I tried to
>> look for some information about its JSON serialization and so far I've
>> found:
>>
>> * http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats2
>> * http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats-2-implied-properties
>> * https://github.com/microformats/tests
>> * https://github.com/glennjones/microformat-node
>>
>> Does anyone know other useful links?
> I just recalled that JSON-LD spec also has short section on using it
> with Microformats vocabulary
> http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#microformats
Last night I started fiddling with script which converts microformat2
JSON to JSON-LD:
https://github.com/elf-pavlik/mf2jsonld/blob/master/mf2jsonld.js

To my understanding we can't get current mf2 JSON serialization into
JSON-LD just by crafting @context: http://t.co/VqupcgHMqn

Also I don't think that JSON-LD Framing could handle it. I also tried to
approach it using independently developed JSON-LD Macros [1] but in the
end decided to just go with writing a script for such conversion.

[1] https://github.com/antoniogarrote/json-ld-macros

(+cc public-linked-json)