Re: "in #JSON-LD the keys in objects must be unique" -- why?

This is because JSON itself does not, in practice, support multiple keys
with the same name. Specifically, the RFC [1] says "the names within an
object SHOULD be unique", but implementations commonly throw away all but
the last value (see e.g. [2] and [3]). This implementation behavior makes
it basically impossible for JSON-LD parsers relying on an underlying JSON
parser from detecting and warning about it, unless the underlying parser
has support for that.

To overcome this mismatch between the JSON and RDF data models, JSON-LD
handles arrays of values as sets of predicate, value pairs, and instead has
a special construct, @list, to explicitly provide a way of representing
closed, ordered RDF collections. You can also control this in compact form
by using the @container feature with the @set and @list keywords. See the
JSON-LD Syntax [4] for the details.

I hope this makes you less disappointed. :)

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt
[2]: