Re: Process of "following your nose"

Hi Anders,

I am fairly new to JSON-LD and Hydra, and still in the process of grasping their concepts.

It seems to me that the w3c draft [1] doesn’t state it explicitly, but hydra:Resource is a subclass of the rdfs:Resource, where IRI is dereferenceable (according to [2]). The hydra:Link, as you mentioned, is also derefereceable (it is in fact a subclass of hydra:Resource) and its purpose is to describe dereferenceable properties.
Therefore, describing your resources and their properties using hydra:Resource and hydra:Link correspondingly you assure your clients that the URIs are dereferenceable.

Hope this helps.

Alex

[1] http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/
[2] http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/research/hydra-a-vocabulary-for-hypermedia-driven-web-apis.pdf