Re: [Best Practices] Context document - modifying and versioning

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 03:42:39 -0700
To: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Cc: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
For the IIIF context documents we decided to include only the major version
in the URI, as we follow the semantic versioning notion that anything
backwards incompatible requires a new major version.  Then we add to the
context as needed for any minor or patch versions.

See:
    http://iiif.io/api/annex/notes/semver.html
And:
    http://iiif.io/api/image/2/context.json

And for Open Annotation, we have the full version:
    http://www.w3.org/ns/oa-context-20130208.json
that redirects to:
    http://www.w3.org/ns/oa.jsonld

Rob