Re: where to put json-ld context for LDP

On 7/28/14 1:40 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:12 AM, Sandro Hawke<sandro@w3.org>  wrote:
>
>> >If I understand right, we want a JSON-LD context for LDP.
>> >
>> >It seems to me it should probably be hosted on w3.org.
>> >
>> >It seems to me we'll have more of these over the years.
>> >
>> >Any thoughts on where they should go?
> If the context is part of a JSON-LD encoding of the vocabulary, then retrieving the vocabulary from it's published location with content-negotiation for JSON-LD will also retrieve the context.
>
> If the LDP vocabulary werehttp://w3.org/ns/ldp, then creating ahttp://w3.org/ns/ldp.jsonld, which includes the LDP context would service quite nicely; in fact, I would say this is a best practice.
>
> You could then use this in a JSON-LD document such as:
>
> {
>    "@context":"http://w3.org/ns/ldp",
>    "@id": "..."
> }
>
> A JSON-LD processor will set Accept to include application/ld+json, so should retrieve the JSON-LD version of the vocabulary, if content negotiation is property configured.
>
> Note that this now works forhttp://schema.org/, which is both the vocabulary prefix and the JSON-LD context. If the serve the vocabulary from there, in some form, that would be even better.
>
> Gregg

Yes.

Plus

1. the use of <link rel="alternate" href="http://w3.org/ns/ldp.jsonld"
type="application/ld+json" ../> re.,  <head/> section of HTML docs.
2. <script type="application/ld+json" ../> as a structured data island
within HTML doc .

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen