Re: Redirecting specs to w3.org

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm wondering whether we should set up a temporary redirect for the specs to
> w3.org now that they've become RECs:
>
>   http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld/
>     -> http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/
>
>   http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-api/
>     -> http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld-api/
>
> This would make it clear that there's (at least currently) only a single
> version of the spec. As soon as we start working on these document again, we
> just remove the redirect.

-1

I don't think we should be switching around the meaning of those
spec/latest/ links.  Let's keep those pointing at the latest draft
from this group.  One reason is people may use the json-ld.org link vs
w3.org one and then when we change the meaning of those links, they
would be pointing at the wrong document.

How about this: On the website navbar dropdown, add a group at the top
called "Recommendations" that links to the latest w3.org docs and
change the text "Latest" to "Latest Draft" (and still use spec/latest/
for the link).  Then on the spec/ page, for each doc with official
recommended specs, add another line with links to each recommedation
doc, and change the "Links to JSON-LD specifications" text to "Links
to JSON-LD drafts".

-dave