Re: EXTERNAL: Re: validation of json-ld to context schema

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 11:36 AM, peter <peter.amstutz@curoverse.com> wrote:
> It's not clear what the right answer to validating json-ld is.
> json-schema is not ideal for the above reason, RDFS is not very
> powerful, and OWL is not really intended for validation (so I'm told).
> Are there other options?

Validation is a complex problem that hasn't been well addressed yet.
Eventually tools and techniques will emerge. For now, you can get
fairly far with json-schema tools. It's not semantic validation but
can be good enough. The key is to get your data into a known JSON-LD
structure then process it as if it were plain JSON. One way to do this
is to just to restrict how the input data is structured. That's not
very flexible but it can work for now. The other thing you can do is
use the work-in-progress framing spec to frame your input data first.
In either case json-schma tools can then be used. There are
limitations to structural validation and this may not cover every type
of validation but it works well. For more complex cases just write
additional code. We've used this for the payswarm work and some other
projects with some success.

-dave