RE: Framing by reference/value

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:49:37 +0200
To: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Cc: "'Julian Everett'" <julianjeverett@yahoo.com>, "'Dave Longley'" <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
On Friday, August 08, 2014 5:35 PM, Dave Longley wrote:
> On 08/08/2014 06:05 AM, Julian Everett wrote:
> >> Is such output achievable via framing please, or do I need to add some
> >> kind of post-framing graph denormalisation step?
>
> There have been a number of discussions regarding "aggressive
> embedding" (or embedding by value as you called it). The details
> (flags to turn it on/off, dealing with cycles, etc.) haven't been
> fully worked out and the feature hasn't been implemented in the
> JavaScript library used on the playground. I think Markus may have
> implemented something in his PHP processor.

Yes, my processor [1] supports this (and a couple of other things). There's
a playground at [2] that you can use to try it without having to install
anything. The example you posted works exactly as you expected Julian.

I have found this to be an extremely useful feature and turned it on by
default (even though that means I fail some of the framing tests we have).

[1] https://github.com/lanthaler/JsonLD
[2] http://www.markus-lanthaler.com/jsonld/playground/