Re: Question about JSON-LD and searchengines

On Sep 8, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Ka-Sing Chou <ka-sing@quantumspork.nl> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The last few days, I have been busy with the correctness of my JSON-LD format (thanks Gregg ^^). Now I got the correct format, is there any way to tell searchengines that my website uses JSON-LD?
> I don't know if I am correct but I read (git issues) something like this:
>
> If my url is https://www.seoprovider.nl/seo-pakketten/mkb-geavanceerd/
> and my JSON-LD is located at https://www.seoprovider.nl/seo-pakketten/mkb-geavanceerd.jsonld
> can't I use something like this:
>
> <script type="application/ld+json" src="https://www.seoprovider.nl/seo-pakketten/mkb-geavanceerd.jsonld"></script>
>
> or should I include the content of the JSON-LD within the script tag after I defined the data-context (which makes the HTML-document bigger)?

I can't speak for the search engines, but I believe you want to include your JSON-LD within the script tag, using content-type="application/ld+json" rather than reference it in an external file. Of course, you could also maintain the external version, and use a rel="alternate" to reference it, and a server-side include to include the body with a script tag.

Google's webmaster tools might help you with this.

Gregg